Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Distribution Destination: Perkins

My Quest for the Perfect Sandwich

Ever since I was a kid, I have loved a good French Dip sandwich. Any restaurant I went to as a child, I would always check first to see if they made one. My folks, bless them, encouraged me to spread my wings and try new things, but I rarely did. However, they never gave me too a hard time about it.

While delivering for Coffee News, my nose is constantly sniffing the most wonderful smells from different culinary locations around the metro. If I ate out every time I smelled something delicious, I'd probably gain more weight at a worrisome rate.

However, when I do allow myself to enjoy dining out, I do so at a CN distribution destination (a restaurant that carries Coffee News).

Over the last few weeks, the nice manager at Perkins at 108th and Q has been talking up her restaurant's French Dip, so I had to try it. As a purist, I didn't order the optional grilled onions with the sandwich, although sometimes my moods mandates such a diversion from my regular order.

Anyway, the sandwich was fantastic. The service was top notch. The atmosphere was peaceful, almost tranquil.

If you find yourself in the area for lunch (on a Tuesday at least), stop in and try the French Dip and tell Robin, the manager there, that Coffee News sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment